Individual congregations can use the expertise of the Foundation in a variety of ways.
One of the ways is to engage the Foundation to invest endowment funds on behalf of the church. The church retains full discretion regarding distributions from its separate investment account.
Advantages of this approach are:
- Independent selection of professional investment managers
- Regular monitoring of performance
- Administration and oversight
- Investment decisions removed from local church influences
- No fees payable to the Foundation
Education and Consulting Services
A church can use the consulting services of the Foundation to assist in creating a legacy stewardship program for the church if a program is not already in place. Also, the Foundation is available to consult with a church vestry or committee about their existing investment program even if the church decides to continue handling its own investments.