Information for the Diocesan Foundation has been updated for the fourth quarter of 2020. Highlights:
- Investment gains for the quarter totaled $12 million; for the year $17.5 million
- Quarter gain percentage of 11.6%; for the year 18.3%
- Total assets at year-end totaled $115.7 million–a new high
- Foundation managers outperformed other managers and passive indices by significant amounts for the year.
We can all be thankful that in a year when many things were dark, investment markets were a bright spot.
The Diocesan Foundation has posted its results for the September quarter.
Investment gains totaled $5.3 million or 5.7%—a good quarter, although not as robust as the prior quarter. Total assets reached a new high of $100 million in August, ending the quarter at $99.5 million, also a new quarter-end high.
Performance of the Diocesan Foundation has been updated for the second quarter. Q2 was a mirror image of Q1, with investment gains in the quarter off-setting the losses incurred in the first quarter.
Investment gains totaled $12.6 million or 15.3%–the best quarterly performance in the Foundation’s history. Total assets at quarter-end were $94.5 million.
First quarter 2020 investment results for the Diocesan Foundation have been posted to its website. The quarter experienced unprecedented volatility and the US stock market recorded one of its worst first quarters ever, with a loss in excess of 20%.
The Foundation’s results were better than most other investment managers, but investment losses totaled $12.5 million or -13.2%. Total assets declined to $82.3 million.
Diocesan Foundation results for the fourth quarter and the 2019 year have been posted.
Highlights for 2019:
- Total assets increased $27.2 million to a new high of $94.5 million
- Investment gains for the fourth quarter were $4.6 million or 5.8%
- Investment gains for the year were $13.1 million or 19.1%
- At year-end, the Foundation had 234 accounts, an increase of 15 accounts during the year
If you’d like to know more about the Foundation’s program, please contact us.
New Year’s Blessings,
Foundation investment results for the September quarter have been posted to its website.
The stock market was difficult during the quarter. While the bond market performed better, the combined result was disappointing with only a modest gain. The Foundation’s investment gain was $244 thousand or 0.3%. Total assets increased slightly to $76.2 million.
The Diocesan Foundation website has been updated to include performance for the quarter ending June 30th.
Investment gains totaled $2.2 million or 3% for the quarter. Investment gains for the first half were $8.2 million or 12%. Total assets at quarter-end were $76 million.
The Diocesan Foundation has posted its results for the first quarter of 2019. Quarterly investment gains were 8.9% and $6 million–the best quarter since September 2009.
Investment results for the Diocesan Foundation for the fourth quarter and the 2018 year have been posted to its website.
The last quarter of the year was horrible for investors and the Foundation suffered significantly. While the Foundation outperformed other managers and benchmarks for the quarter and the year, investment losses were recorded for both periods.
The Diocesan Foundation website has now been updated for the quarter ended September 30, 2018.
- Total assets reached a new high of $76.1 million
- Investment gains were $2.6 million or 3.5%
- Total accounts were 222 at quarter-end